We want to breed Irish Setters with a nice conformation and good health, while preserving their original characteristics, which is that they are remarkable small game hunters. We also want them to be perfectly sociable dogs, so that they can integrate without difficulty the environment of their new home.
To reach these goals :
All our dogs are registered with the Canadian Kennel Club (CKC) and the American Kennel Club (AKC)
- Our dogs live with us in our home. There is no kennel here.
- All our dogs take obedience, rally-o and agility training.
- All our dogs are trained for hunting. For dogs who have the necessary qualities for this work, they continue training to participate in competitions.
- We also participate in breed conformation shows (beauty shows).
- Reproduction dogs have to be tested for the following to avoid any heritable (genetic) problems :
1. Hip X-Ray certified OFA
2. Thyroid gland testing certified OFA
3. Eye exam (CERF)
4. The PRA test (Progressive atrophia of the retine) certified OFA
5. The CLAD test (blood disease) certified OFA